How to Clean a Perfume Stain from your Carpet
1. Try to wash out the spill as quickly as you can after it occurs with a plain white cloth or plain white paper towel(s). A wet/dry vacuum cleaner can also be used with water to repeatedly flush the area and suck out the moisture.
2. Mix 1/4 cup of white vinegar with 1/2 cup of water. Put it in a spray bottle if you have one or otherwise spread it as you apply it. Make it last for two or three applications, working it in gently with your fingers and then blotting it up with a clean white cotton rag or white paper towels each time.
3. Follow that with a mild detergent solution made of warm water (a cup) and a few drops of a mild dish washing detergent (such as Dawn). Again do several applications and blot up the excess each time.
4. Use plain water to rinse out all of the detergent, applying and blotting. Once you have done this, put your face close to the spot to see if there is still any odour from either the perfume stains or the vinegar or the detergent solution. Rinse again if necessary.
5. Dry the area with weighted stacked paper towels (white ones), replacing them as they get saturated. A fan blowing across the spot for a couple hours will finish the drying quickly.
If the perfume contained a colouring agent which has dyed your carpet, see the page entitled ‘How to remove a colour stain from your carpet
How to Remove Sunscreen Stains from Fabric Upholstery
1. Gently scrape to remove excess lotion.
2. Moisten the spot with water and apply an enzyme pre-soak (follow directions on label).
3. Let the stain soak for 30 minutes.
4. Flush the area with water.
5. If possible, launder immediately. If not, allow the fabric to air dry.
How to Remove an Egg Stain from a Rug
1. Gently wipe the stain with a sponge damped with ammonia and water, failing that try a mixture of alcohol and water (never use hot water).
2. Blot the stain using a clean white 100% cotton dry towel and pressing down very hard from the outside towards the middle. Do this repeatedly, turning the folded towel over and over untiliy you have absorbed as much moisture as possible.
3. When you blot the spot move the towel in straight lines, never rub in a circle as this can cause permanent damage to your rug.
How to Clean Soy Sauce Off Carpet or Upholstery
1. Combine 1 cup of lukewarm water with a bleach- and alkaloid-free crystal detergent (such as dishwasher or laundry soap).
2. Blot this solution into the carpet or upholstery using a clean cloth.
3. Drop 1 tbsp. of ammonia into 1/2 cup water. Using a different clean cloth, blot this into the carpet or upholstery on top of the detergent solution.
4. Apply the detergent solution a second time, on top of the ammonia.
5. Get a sponge and some clean water. Soak the sponge, wring it out and blot the soy sauce stains in your carpet.
6. Supplement your efforts by applying a carpet cleaner spray product to the stain, as per the instructions on the label. Consult a professional carpet cleaner if you still cannot remove the soy sauce stains.
Home Cleaning Services
How to clean a lambs wool rug
1. Blot any immediate spills with a paper towel to remove as much of the liquid as possible before it dries. Take your rug outside and shake it vigorously to remove loose dust and dirt. Alternatively, shake it over the garbage can. If your rug is too large to shake, vacuum it thoroughly.
2. Fill a bowl or bucket to the halfway point with lukewarm water. Pour in two caps of a gentle detergent, such as Woolite. Stir the detergent into the water. Dip a sponge in the bowl and wring it out. Sponge stains out of the rug, going in the direction of the pile of the rug. Do not scrub or wipe in circles.
3. Rinse the sponge under the tap. Rinse the soap out of the carpet with the sponge, again following the pile. Once you’ve removed any spot stains, soap up the rest of the carpet as you did in Step 2.
4. Rinse the rug. You can rinse a throw rug with a garden hose. For larger wool carpets, use a carpet steamer filled with water only. Rinsing with a sponge will take too long.
5. Place a towel on top of your wool throw rug and roll it up. This will squeeze out the excess water. Lay the lamb’s wool rug out flat to dry, preferably outdoors. For larger pieces of wool carpeting, open as many windows and doors as you can and turn on a fan to speed up drying or remove water with a wet/dry vacuum. Do not walk on the carpet until it is dry.
How to clean a cowhide rug
1. Vacuum the rug with a brush attachment (never running
the vacuum directly over the rug) or by shaking it outside.
2. Do not throw your cowhide rug in the washer, immerse
it in water or have it dry cleaned. If you need to spot clean the rug, wipe it
with a damp soapy cloth in the direction of the hair. Remove solid messes or
spills with a solid edged spatula or utensil and blot or wipe out the rest.
3. After spot cleaning, place your rug in a dry place.
Placing the hair-on-hide rug belly up in the sun will help it dry quicker.
4. If your rug is looking a little flat, perk it up by
brushing with a stiff plastic brush. This will also help to remove dirt and
Carpet Cleaning Franchises
How to remove oil stains from carpet
Getting stains out of carpet is tricky, but essential to keep your home clean. Few things make a house look old or dingy more quickly than a dirty, stained carpet. Knowing in advance what to do with stains allows you to be able to treat them as soon as they happen. Oil stains, in particular, need to be treated right away, as they can leave a big mess if you don’t get to them quickly.
Things You’ll Need
Clean cloth or paper towels
Goof-Off or another reliable cleaning solution
1. Blot the stain with a paper towel or light-coloured cloth. Do not rub the stain, which would only spread it.
2. Pour some rubbing alcohol onto a clean cloth or paper towel and blot the stain. (Be sure not to rub.) Continue blotting the stain until it lifts.
3. Check the spot carefully over the next few hours and days. Carpet stains can be vulnerable to wicking, which is when the liquid at the base of the carpet creeps back up the fibres, causing the stain to reappear. If the oil reappears, repeat the process of blotting and rubbing alcohol until the stain is gone. If the alcohol doesn’t remove the stain, other treatments may be necessary
4. Combine one-quarter teaspoon dishwashing liquid with one cup of warm water. Blot it onto the spot without rubbing. Repeat as needed. If the spot remains, it may be necessary to try a professional-strength cleaner.
5. Find a cleaning solvent such as Goof-Off. Apply the solvent to a cloth and blot it onto the stain. Never pour a solvent directly onto carpet, as it can damage the latex backing. Rinse the spot with water after use.
Tips & Warnings
For a set-in stain or one that doesn’t respond to home treatments, it may be necessary to call a professional carpet cleaner.
How to clean a jute rug
1. Vacuum your jute rug before any wet cleaning. Be careful not to damage the binding border.
2. Blot fresh stains and spills as soon as they appear, using a clean, dry cloth. When the stain is almost dry, wipe the area with a slightly damp cloth and a few drops of liquid soap. Then use a clean, dry cloth again to remove traces of soap. Leave the jute rug to dry or accelerate the process with a fan. Never use a heater for this task as jute is highly flammable. If something goes wrong with the heater, jute can easily catch on fire.
3. Scrape old stains with a piece of plastic to remove the hardened substance on the jute fibres. If it is a particularly hard-core stain, use a little water to slightly dissolve if first. Then remove the stain with a damp sponge with a few drops of liquid soap.
4. Sprinkle some baking soda over the stain to suck the moisture from the stain. When the area is completely dry, remove the baking soda using a vacuum cleaner.
5. Use a commercial protection spray made especially for jute rugs. A coat of this protection spray will prevent absorption of moisture. If you live in a high-humidity area, this is almost a necessity.
Commercial Cleaning Services
How to remove a tomato sauce stain off your carpet
Tomato sauce, or ketchup as some call it, is a popular condiment to use at the dinner table. However, it does not mix as well with your carpets. When tomato sauce is spilled on the carpet it is important to treat the stain straight away. If you leave it too long the stain will have less chance of going away.
To clean a tomato sauce stain from carpet:
1. Remove as much of the tomato sauce from the carpet as possible with a spoon. Be careful not to press the stain in further.
2. Vacuum the rest of the sauce that you were unable to scoop up with the spoon.
3. Place an absorbent towel over the stain and try to soak the sauce up further if possible.
4. Spray cold water onto the stain to rinse and blot with a cloth.
5. Spray or pour white vinegar directly onto the stain. Let it soak for 20 minutes.
6. Rinse the vinegar with cold water and blot dry.
7. If the stain persists, try club soda to remove the stain as well.
Cleaning Services Melbourne
How to remove a mustard stain from your carpet
As mustard is a common condiment in households it does unfortunately end up on the carpet, especially when it’s dripping from the popular sausage sizzle sandwich or hot dogs. Mustard is not the most appealing stain on your carpet. Since mustard contains oils and extracts from the mustard plant it actually leaves a brown coloured, built up stain and an odour. The longer you leave the mustard there the darker it will get and the harder it will be remove from your carpet.
To clean mustard from carpet follow these steps:
1. Cover the stain with 3 percent hydrogen peroxide. This can be found in your local grocery store. Do not use the industrial strength versions of peroxide as this will bleach your carpet. Allow the peroxide to soak for ten minutes.
2. After 10 minutes blot the stain with paper towels.
3. Mix a combination of vinegar and water into a spray bottle.
4. Using this spray bottle spray the stain directly and leave to sit for five minutes and then scrub gently with a clean, soft cloth.
5. Continue to scrub until the stain is gone. You may need to continue adding the vinegar and water solution as needed.
6. If the stain has not cleared from this process, then work into a paste a mixture of bleach-free laundry detergent powder and water. Work the paste into the stain and leave for another ten minutes. Scrub gently with a damp cloth.
7. Allow area to dry and vacuum the dried up paste.
How to remove a fake tan stain from carpet
1. Mix a solution of mild dishwashing liquid and water
2. Using a toothbrush or your fingers, rub the solution gently into the stain.
3. Damp the stain with a clean white towel or absorbent pad.
4. Repeat the above steps if the stain refuses to budge.
Hard Floor Cleaning
How to remove tea stains from your carpet
1. Check the fabric of your carpet. Solution-dyed fabric may withstand chemicals and even bleach, but nylon may lose its colour, so use extra care when working with textiles such as olefin/nylon. Wool fabrics may require dry cleaning for stain removal. Check tags or labels for specific instructions.
2. Spray the spot with clear cool water. If several attempts to remove the stain with water are unsuccessful, try another method, but first use water.
3. Blot–do not rub–with white paper towels or a cloth. Rubbing or scrubbing may spread the stain, making it more difficult to remove. Begin at an outer edge and work toward the centre to avoid enlarging the spill.
4. Alternate spraying with water and blotting until the cloth or towel no longer shows any sign of tea stain. If colour remains, prepare a mild spot remover.
5. Mix a solution of a mild, clear, non-bleach dishwashing detergent in a ratio of 1/4 tsp. detergent to 1 litre of water.
6. Work in small circles from the outside to the inside of the spot, blotting after a moment or so. When the fabric is clear of stain marks, spray again with clear water and blot until dry. If the spot is still visible, move to a stronger commercial stain remover.
7. Carefully test the commercial stain remover in an inconspicuous corner of the carpet. Using the spray and blot method, apply the remover and blot.
One Off Cleans
How to remove coffee stains from your carpet
Coffee is a very popular drink for most people and also is very commonly spilt on carpets. Whether it be while rushing to work with your take-away mug, knocking it off the coffee table or simply walking through the office and spilling it.
- Absorb all the liquid you can by blotting the carpet with a clean, white cloth. As in all stains, start from the outside of the stain working your way in.
- If you can, continue blotting with clean water.
- If the stain has not been completely removed try a carpet-spotter
- Avoid rubbing and scrubbing as this will cause the stain to spread.
How to remove a mayonnaise stain from your carpet
1. Try to remove the spill as quickly as it happens, scoop from two sides at once using spoons or pieces of cardboard.
2. If the spill is discovered later when dried, scrap out any chunks with the edge of a metal spoon, and vacuum the spot.
3. Using isopropyl rubbing alcohol on a clean white cotton cloth, dab the spot without rubbing too hard. Rub gently in one direction, and be sure not to allow the alcohol to soak in so heavily that it reaches the carpet backing. Follow this with a clean dry cloth to soak up excess, and repeat the process.
4. Repeat this until you no longer see transfer of the stain to the cloth or paper towels you are using to blot up the excess, or until you no longer smell the mayonnaise when you put your nose close to the spot.
5. Mix a cup of warm water and a few drops of dish detergent (such as Dawn). Apply to the spot and blot this .
6. Reapply several times. Afterward, apply plain water several times and extract with a clean cloth or wet/dry vacuum cleaner each time.
7. Dry the carpet quickly by blotting up excess moisture and then allowing a fan to blow over the spot for a couple hours.
Cleaning Companies Melbourne
How to clean a cowhide rug
To clean a cowhide rug
1. Vacuum the rug with a brush attachment (never running the vacuum directly over the rug) or by shaking it outside.
2. Do not throw your cowhide rug in the washer, immerse it in water or have it dry cleaned. If you need to spot clean the rug, wipe it with a damp soapy cloth in the direction of the hair. Remove solid messes or spills with a solid edged spatula or utensil and blot or wipe out the rest.
3. After spot cleaning, place your rug in a dry place. Placing the hair-on-hide rug belly up in the sun will help it dry quicker.
4. If your rug is looking a little flat, perk it up by brushing with a stiff plastic brush. This will also help to remove dirt and dust.
Melbourne Cleaning Services
How to clean a shag rug
1. Vacuum your shag rug regularly. Clean it twice a week to keep it in tip-top shape.
2. Sweep area rugs that are not too large with a bristle broom. The broom bristles get down into the pile and push the dirt out.
3. Paddle your area rugs by rolling them up, shaking them outdoors and then throwing them over a clothesline. Then use a paddle to knock the dirt out of them.
Cleaning Services Melbourne
How to clean blush stains off your carpet
To clean blush stains off your carpet:
1. Brush or blot up any excess, taking care not to spread the stain.
2. Flush the spot(s) with stain remover.
3. Apply a dry spotter to the stain and cover with an absorbent pad dampened with the dry spotter.
4. Check the stain every five minutes. Before changing pads, press hard against the stain.
5. Continue the alternate soaking and pressing until no more stain is being removed.
6. Flush with one of the dry-cleaning solvents and allow to dry. If any stain remains, flush it with water and apply a wet spotter with a few drops of ammonia. (Do not use ammonia on silk or wool.)
7. Cover with an absorbent pad dampened with the wet spotter. Let it stand as long as any stain is being removed. Change the pad as it picks up the stain. Keep the stain and pad moist.
8. Flush well with water. Repeat if necessary; allow to dry.
Move Out/Bond Cleans
How to clean charcoal stains from carpet
to clean charcoal stains from carpet:
1. Add a liberal amount of baking soda over the charcoal stain on your carpet. Let it sit for about an hour.
2. Vacuum up the baking soda to remove some of the charcoal stain.
3. Pour two cups of warm water and one tablespoon of dishwashing detergent into a small bucket.
4. Place a cloth into the bucket to get it wet. Wring it out a little and use it to sponge the charcoal stain on your carpet. The charcoal will transfer from the carpet to the cloth.
5. Continue to sponge the stain, using clean areas of the cloth, until you can no longer see the charcoal stain on you carpet.
6. Wet a new cloth and sponge the stain to rinse. Press firmly with a dry towel repeatedly to dry.
Hard Floor Cleaning Services / Solutions
How to Clean a Tomato Sauce Stain on Carpet
To Clean a Tomato Sauce Stain on Carpet:
1 . Remove as much of the tomato sauce from the carpet as can be with a spoon . You should never press the stain in further .
2 . Vacuum the remaining of the sauce which you were not able to scoop up with the spoon .
3 . Leave an absorbent towel over the stain and try to soak the sauce up further if possible.
4 . Spray cold water onto the stain to rinse and blot with a cloth .
5 . Spray or pour white vinegar directly onto the stain . Allow it soak for 20 minutes .
6 . Rinse the vinegar with cold water and blot dry .
7 . In case the mark persists , try club soda to remove the stain as well .
How to clean grape stain on carpet
To clean grape stain on carpet:
1. Straight away start to blot up the stain with a wet sponge , operating from the outside go in direction to the inside if you wish to not extended the stain .
2. Use right lemon juice to the stain then blot up with dried towel .
After the stain is started to vanish a bit , apply a gentle bristle scrub to brush in extra lemon juice .
3. In case lemon juice is not effective try white vinegar .
Continue doing and blotting away the liquid until the mark is removed .
Later on you may deal with the area with spray in carpet foam cleaner to remove away the remains .
How to clean vomit off the carpet
To clean vomit off the carpet:
Begin by clearing away as much of the vomit as you can . Apply a dirt pan or some other scraper to remove as much as you can . For little messes , a spoon is fine .
Then , blot the space with aged rags or paper towels to soak up the wetness .
Cover up the section with cooking soda or corn starch . Both of those products are going to absorb the additional wetness .
Let it to place on the place for ten to fifteen mins .
Vacuum away the cooking soda or corn starch with a vacuum cleaner .
Then , you may deal with the spot for the smell and/or stains which can be found .
Use an enzyme-based cleaner . These are generally easily available in the cleaning aisle or with the animal shops . All these products destory the odor-causing proteins to allow them to be taken away thoroughly . They can be powerful ineliminating stains too .
Use a numerous volume of cleaner to the spot .
Blot it with a clean towel or paper towels to get rid of the cleaner along with the stain .
Do it again if needed .
In case those products are unavailable , water might be combined with vinegar and dish cleaning soap . Apply the exact same application/blotting solution to clean the space .
As soon as the spot is clean , let it to air dry totally .
Vacuum the dried surface to recover the texture .
How to clean indelible ink off your carpet
To clean indelible ink off your carpet:
1. Rubbing alcohol is regarded as one of solution that will release the hold that indelible ink has on the carpet .
2. Moisten a neat , delicate fabric with rubbing alcohol .
3. Blot the ink-stained spot .
4. Turn the fabric to a clean part regularly to prevent reapplying the ink to getting the spot bigger .
5. In case the spot is tiny , deal with the spot with a piece of cotton or cotton swab . This might provide you an accurate solution which can avoid expanding of the spot .
6. Keep blotting with neat potions of the fabric , utilizing extra rubbing alcohol when you need to .
7. At the time the ink is removed , clean up the section with water along with a little bit of cleaning soap . This may get rid of all staying rubbing alcohol .
8. Wash the section by blotting with a fabric with clean water .
9. Let the section to air dry entirely .
Kanklean home cleaning services
How to clean tempera paint stains off the carpet
To clean tempera paint stains off the carpet:
1. When the paint is dried out , begin by scraping up the most of it as you can with a spoon . Tempera paint dries extremely brittle that will become a powder when brushed . Never scrape moist paint because it is only going toforce it deeper into the materials . For moist paint , blot it with a fabric or paper towel to soak up as much as you can .
2. Then , utilize a duster fabric to blot the mark with white vinegar . This can also assist to apply the region with white vinegar then let it to stay for a couple mins .
3. When you are blotting with the fabric , the dye will begin to move to the fabric . Utilize a clean part of the fabric every time to make sure you are not dispersing the mark even more .
4. Do again if needed until the mark is gone .
5. In case the mark remains , use a normal to the region and blot with a duster fabric .
6. In case nor of the above techniques work , use a commercial carpeting solution . You can find carpeting solutions available at almost all hardware and diy shops . They generally appear in a can with a scrubber just on top . The foam appears while you rub which enables you to give good results in taking away marks . Follow following the manufacturer’s guidance .
7. After the mark is removed , wash the region fully by blotting it with neat water on a duster fabric .
8. Push a duster fabric onto the region with enough force to soak up nearly all the water .
Let the region to dry totally .
9. After it has got dried , vacuum over the region to bring back the texture of the materials .
Kanklean Window Cleaning Service
How to clean sealer off travertine floors
To clean sealer off travertine floors:
1. While eradicating sealer , it’s wise to operate in minor areas .
2. Put the acetone straight onto the travertine .
3. Rub the exterior with a scrubbrush since the acetone penetrates and also loosens the sealer .
4. Rub cleanse with a delicate material .
5. Do it again in little areas until the whole surface area is cleaned .
6. After every bit of the sealer is eradicated , an alternative action would be to cleanse the stone exterior with a fine stone cleansing cleaner .
Kanklean Presentation Cleaning Services
How to Clean Salt off Your Floor
To Clean Salt off Your Floor:
1. Start by loading a bucket with 1 part hot water with 1 part white vinegar .
2. Utilize a delicate material for small locations or a mop for large locations . In case cleansing the floor using your hand , shield the skin with rubber safety gloves .
3. dampen the kitchen sponge or mop with the blend and function it onto the salt spots on the floor .
4. When the discolors are heavy , let the vinegar to stay on the discolor for about one minute .
5. Erase away .
6. Operate in smaller locations then do the same functions until the salt is eradicated .
7. In case the vinegar fails to reduce through every bit of the salt discolors , load a bucket with hot water along with a little bit of dish cleaning agent or floor cleaning solution .
8. Utilize a second duster material to rub the floor with the soapy fluid . Utilize a mop for large locations .
9. After the salt is eradicated , wash the floor with fresh water .
10. Eradicate any extra fluid with a dry material . That is a particularly vital action for wooden floors to keep away from warping .
11. Let the floors to dry entirely .
Kanklean Cleaning Services Melbourne
How to Clean Red Wine off Carpet
To Clean Red Wine off Carpet:
1. Spray dawn and hydrogen peroxide blend on the discolor .
2. Blot with a nice and clean dry material until zero discolor appears on the material . You have to switch the material frequently or utilize a clean area of the cloth every time when you are blotting to make sure you are not expanding the discolor .
3. Go over steps two and three until the discolor is not visible .
4. Mix 4 drops of cleaning soap and 1 cup of water . Spray it .
5. Blot with duster material.
6. Spray with water .
7. Blot with duster material . Do it again when needed to make sure all cleaning mixture is taken away .
8. Protect discolor with duster material or bunch of kitchen paper towels and then place weighty weight on the top .
9. Keep placed for hours to soak up any residual fluid .
10. Allow location dry completely .
11. Vac to bring back materials to regular finish .
Kanklean Melbourne Window Cleaning Services
How to Clean Plaster off Floor Tiles
To Clean Plaster off Floor Tiles:
1. Load a bucket with luke warm water .
2. Include sufficient cleaning soap to have a gentle , sudsy mixture .
3. Bathe a material in the fluid .
4. Wipe the discolored area of the floor with a material , making good volumes of fluid on the floor . Operate in smaller areas if required .
5. Let the hot sudsy fluid to stay in location for around 5 mins , and then start to brush with the denture brush . A denture brush has got small , strong bristles with excellent brushing power for textured places ,making it very perfect for this task .
6. Erase dry with a cloth .
7. Repeat if needed .
Kanklean Cleaning Services Melbourne – Move Out Cleaning Services