to clean charcoal stains from carpet:
1. Add a liberal amount of baking soda over the charcoal stain on your carpet. Let it sit for about an hour.
2. Vacuum up the baking soda to remove some of the charcoal stain.
3. Pour two cups of warm water and one tablespoon of dishwashing detergent into a small bucket.
4. Place a cloth into the bucket to get it wet. Wring it out a little and use it to sponge the charcoal stain on your carpet. The charcoal will transfer from the carpet to the cloth.
5. Continue to sponge the stain, using clean areas of the cloth, until you can no longer see the charcoal stain on you carpet.
6. Wet a new cloth and sponge the stain to rinse. Press firmly with a dry towel repeatedly to dry.